By Shari Miller,Leslie D. Leve,Patricia K. Kerig
Traditionally, antisocial women have been thought of an anomaly, an extraordinary phenomenon attracting little scholarly detect. at the present time, multiple in 4 early life offenders is woman, and researchers and practitioners alike are speedy turning their consciousness and assets to handle this hard scenario. Delinquent ladies: Contexts, Relationships, and Adaptation synthesizes what's identified approximately ladies inquisitive about antisocial habit and their studies at assorted issues within the juvenile justice system.
This step forward quantity provides to the certainty of this inhabitants via supplying empirical research not just of ways those behaviors advance but additionally approximately what's being performed to interfere. utilising a number of theoretical versions, qualitative and quantitative information assets, legislation enforcement files, and insights across disciplines, top students evaluation motives and correlates; the jobs of relatives and friends; mental and criminal matters; coverage alterations leading to extra arrests of younger girls; and evidence-based prevention and intervention strategies.
Each bankruptcy covers its topic extensive, offering conception, findings, and destiny instructions. vital themes addressed include:
- Narrowing the gender hole – tendencies in women’ delinquency.
- Girls on the intersection of adlescent justice, legal justice, and baby welfare.
- Trauma publicity, psychological wellbeing and fitness concerns, and ladies’ delinquency.
- Beyond the stereotypes: women in gangs.
- Intervention courses for at-risk and court-involved girls.
- Implications for perform and policy.
With its huge scope and solution-oriented concentration, Delinquent ladies: Contexts, Relationships, and Adaptation is a must have quantity for researchers, pros, graduate scholars, and social coverage specialists in medical baby and faculty psychology, social paintings, juvenile justice, criminology, developmental psychology, and sociology.
Read or Download Delinquent Girls: Contexts, Relationships, and Adaptation PDF
Similar developmental psychology books
Un ouvrage de référence complet et didactique ! l. a. Gestalt est une approche thérapeutique utilisée dans de nombreux domaines : relation d'aide, psychothérapie et training. Elle permet de "donner forme" à ce qui se passe en nous, d'identifier et de modifier l. a. façon dont nous sommes en relation avec nous-mêmes et avec notre environnement.
Cognitive Neuroscience, improvement, and Psychopathology unites students sharing universal pursuits within the improvement of realization and similar parts of functioning with assorted views and methodologies. the quantity doesn't impose a unmarried framework for discussing the suitable concerns, yet relatively the authors spotlight the significance in their personal techniques to the research of the common and extraordinary improvement of realization.
This e-book offers a longitudinal learn facing developmental alterations inside and among self-concepts and their relation to private functioning. in the mental literature -- and the developmental literature specifically -- the curiosity within the principles humans carry approximately themselves and their relation with own functioning is quickly transforming into.
First released in 1990. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- The Missing Link in Cognition: Origins of Self-Reflective Consciousness
- Children’s Play, Pretense, and Story: Studies in Culture, Context, and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Handbook of the Life Course: Volume II: 2 (Handbooks of Sociology and Social Research)
- The Redemptive Self: Stories Americans Live By - Revised and Expanded Edition
- Finding the Fountain of Youth: The Science and Controversy behind Extending Life and Cheating Death
Extra info for Delinquent Girls: Contexts, Relationships, and Adaptation
Delinquent Girls: Contexts, Relationships, and Adaptation by Shari Miller,Leslie D. Leve,Patricia K. Kerig