By Martha P. Nochimson
- Brings jointly the main innovative, in-depth, and fascinating scholarship on arguably the best dwelling Asian filmmaker, from a multinational team of confirmed and emerging movie students and critics
- Covers a big breadth of themes corresponding to the culture of the jianghu in Wong's movies; queering Wong's motion pictures now not when it comes to gender yet during the artist's liminality; the phenomenological Wong; Wong's intertextuality; the US via Wong's eyes; the optics of intensities, thresholds, and transfers of power in Wong's cinema; and the diasporic presence of a few women from Shanghai in Wong's Hong Kong
- Examines the political, historic, and sociological impact of Wong and his paintings, and discusses his paintings from quite a few views together with sleek, post-modern, postcolonial, and queer theory
- Includes appendices which learn Wong’s paintings in Hong Kong tv and commercials
Read Online or Download A Companion to Wong Kar-wai (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Similar business & finance reference books
Initially released because the The Continuum spouse to faith and movie, this significant other deals the definitive advisor to check during this starting to be quarter. Now to be had in paperback, the Bloomsbury significant other to faith and movie covers all of the so much urgent and critical issues and different types within the box - components that experience endured to draw curiosity traditionally in addition to themes that experience emerged extra lately as energetic components of study.
The Digitization of Cinematic visible results: Hollywood’s Coming of Age, through Rama Venkatasawmy, analyzes how the Hollywood cinema industry’s visible results functions haven't basically encouraged the growth of filmmaking praxis, they've got additionally inspired the evolution of viewing pleasures and spectatorship reports.
While it all started, smooth Spanish cinema was once below strict censorship, pressured to comply to the ideological calls for of the Nationalist regime. In 1950, the recent Spanish Cinema was once born as a protest over common Francisco Franco's rules: a brand new sequence of administrators and movies started to stream clear of the conformist line to supply a daring model of Spanish realism.
Postmodern Metanarratives investigates the connection among cinema and literature by means of studying the movie Blade Runner as a postmodern paintings that constitutes a landmark of cyberpunk narrative and establishes a hyperlink among culture and the (post)modern.
- Materialist Film (Routledge Library Editions: Cinema)
- The Strengths-Focused Guide to Leadership: Identify Your Talents and Get the Most From Your Team
- Fair Finance: Das Kapital der Zukunft (German Edition)
- Time, Memory & Identity: The Films of Christopher Nolan
- The Modern Superhero in Film and Television: Popular Genre and American Culture (Routledge Advances in Comics Studies)
Extra resources for A Companion to Wong Kar-wai (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
A Companion to Wong Kar-wai (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) by Martha P. Nochimson